4.07.2011

Love Thy Skin: Moisturize

Being the product junkie that I am, I have been suckered into trying any skincare line that has either 1) great packaging, 2) great marketing or 3) a shelf at Sephora. With all the recent spotlight on toxic chemicals in skincare and makeup products, I decided to toss my junkie collection and go au naturale (as much as I can) to limit the amount of toxins I'm depositing into my skin, religiously, on a day-to-day basis. 

After many hours of research, I can finally say that I have found my skincare regimen. 

Day/Night Serum: Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil

This is a staple must-have for any skincare regimen. I use it in the morning and at night during the fall/winter months as a serum, prior to my day/night cream. During the spring/summer, I tend to skip this in the morning and substitute in my Skyn Iceland serum.

This organic Argan Oil is lightweight enough to use as a daily moisturizer, and rich enough to use as a skin treatment. Because this oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, it is hydrating and nourishing. 

Here's the best part, this oil is 100% pure organic Argan Oil and is formulated without all the toxins: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, synthetic dye, petro-chemicals, and phthalates.

I'm sure most of you (especially oily/combination skin types) are slightly turned-off by the idea of slathering oil on your face. Just remember, a little goes a long way. It's absorbed quickly and will keep your skin hydrated all day. If you absolutely can't stand it during the day, then use it at night. By the time you hit your snooze button, I promise, your skin will be glowing!

Day/Night Moisturizer: Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer

This is a guilty pleasure of mine since it doesn't exactly adhere to my au naturale skincare regimen. However, this is a fantastic moisturizer that is rich in corrective nutrients that helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while providing antioxidant protection. ALA, DMAE, and vitamin C ester also combine to impart a nourished, hydrated, glowing complexion--absolutely necessary for your 20  and 30 something's skin. 

I layer this on top of my serum in the morning and at bedtime. It's not greasy and feels light on your skin, but you can tell your face stays moisturized all day long!


No comments:

Post a Comment